From 2 April to 2 May 2011, thousands of people in the UK will be celebrating life with their pets. Why? Because it is National Pet Month! A fantastic month for cats, dogs and other little furry animals everywhere!
For my last installment this month to celebrate my life with my girls and to promote National Pet Month I thought I'd go through the second 5 top 10 tips for healthy happy pets this week, to see if I'm doing things right. So...
6. Protect against disease. Your vet can provide you with advice. >>> No problems, Nishiko and Xanthe have an annual check up and vaccines ever August! Check!
7. Prevent unwanted litters and neuter you pet when appropriate. >>> Well as most of you know already, the girls have had their Ladygardenectomy in March of this year... I'm doing good! Check!
8. Groom your pet regularly. >>> Nishiko adores being groomed with a brush. Xanthe on the other hand is more reluctant so plenty of strokes is required to get rid of unwanted fur around the house. she loves it! Check...
9. control your pet and ensure it is properly identified. >>> The girls are mainly indoor kitizens and will only go outside with their harnesses on. Mind you make sure that your pets are micro chipped just in case they escape. Unfortunately I have failed this important point as the girls have yet to be microchipped... Must get this down later in the year...
10. Take out pet insurance for dogs, cats, rabbits and horses to cover against unexpected veterinary fees and third party liability... Oh no! I must get some insurance! This is my second fail :(
I've enjoyed National Pet Month. Here is a selection of baby photos from when Nishiko and Xanthe were 14 weeks old. enjoy :)
Don is just being silly as usual!
If you would like to find out more about National Pet Month, please click the new banner above for more information.