Saturday, April 23, 2011

Wordy Wednesday -Nope Saturday! Oops

From 2 April to 2 May 2011, thousands of people in the UK will be celebrating life with their pets. Why? Because it is National Pet Month! A fantastic month for pets everywhere!

Yes, I know that I am late posting this and the girls have repeatedly told me off for it. But I had a very good reason why. It was my Nan's birthday on Wednesday and I went out with her and my Mum to celebrate.

Also I had to arrange for the girls - and they don't know about this yet - to see a professional photographer so that they can be entered into a pet photo contest at the end of the month! I bet they are going to be so excited! Their visit is on Tuesday :)

National Pet Month have 10 points you can follow to ensure that your pet(s) are healthy and happy pets. I thought I'd go through the first 5 this week and then the last 5 next week, to see if I'm doing things right. So...

1. Think carefully before getting a pet and learn about its special requirements. >>> Well Don and I spent a few weeks researching before actually giving Xanthe and Nishiko their forever home with us. All is mentioned in the very early posts of KCC way back in 2009. So check!

2. Ensure your pet is sociable and well trained. >>> *cough* Well trained? Does this include weeing on the bed to inform one's Mummy that the litter tray needs cleaning? Or nudging one's Mummy awake and not leaving her alone until food has been delivered to the food bowl? I think it does... Check!

3. Proved a nutritious and well balanced diet. >>> Check! Cat meat, cat biscuits, fresh meat and tuna!

4. Provide suitable housing and bedding. >>> They have the full run of the flat, including a number of boxes and cat beds - including our own. Check!

5. Clean up after your pet and worm it regularly. >>> We always do! Makes mental note - must worm the girls soon...

I love National Pet Month, it give me the chance to skim through Xanthe and Nishiko's baby photos and share them with you all! Here is a selection from when they were 12 weeks old. enjoy :)







If you would like to find out more about National Pet Month, please click the new banner above for more information.

Kitty xxx

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Happy National Pet Month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that there is one month devoted to pets... of course, when it comes to cats, EVERY month is Worldwide Cat month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah for an entire month celebrating pets! Naturally, we deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh that explains why I didn't know about National Pet Month! It is a UK holiday!! Great idea though! Happy National Pet Month! Thanks for sharing those important tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.