Here's a picture I created for a contest on www.imvu.com:
The contest was to represent a holiday in the month of June and I didn't know this but on the 4th June in America it is Hug Your Cat Day! Woohoo! I just wish I could have my future little kitty to hug now... By the way, June is also the American Humane's Adopt-A-Cat Month so for those of you who are interested here is some more information...
Each year, thousands of kittens are born during spring and summer -- and many end up in animal shelters, waiting for loving homes. To promote adoptions of these playful, affectionate animals, American Humane celebrates Adopt-A-Cat Month® in June.
Adopt a cat from your local shelter today. Adopting a cat will enrich your world in so many different ways. Here’s how:
- Cats will keep you entertained with their playful antics.
- Cats are very affectionate and love to cuddle with you.
- Having a cat can reduce your blood pressure and prevent heart disease.
- Cats are very clean -- they bathe themselves!
- Cats are independent and can be left alone while you are at work.
- Cats do not need to be housebroken -- using the litter box comes naturally to them.
- Cats do not need a lot of space. They are perfect pets for apartments and smaller homes.
- Taking care of a cat can help teach a child responsibility and humane values.
- Cats get plenty of exercise living indoors. Just 15 minutes of playtime each day will satisfy a cat.
If you would like further information with regards to Adopt-A-Cat Month®, please visit the American Humane's website:
And our search continues...